1 pc. Y'all Means All - Sticker : Printed on a die cut, durable vinyl with a matte finish | Dimensions: 1.76" X 2"
Now the fun part!
- Step 1: As you add items to your cart, be sure to select which organization you’d like to support with your purchase.
- Step 2: Write the amount you would like to pay in the "fair price" box. The minimum price is set, but if you would like to donate additional funds to your selected organization, go for it :).
- Step 3: Pick Up, Ship It, or Donate:
- Pick Up: The default way of receiving your items after purchase is to pick up your purchased items at RubyConf and no other steps are necessary.
- Ship It: If you would like to have your purchased items mailed after RubyConf, the first week of December, select the item "Ship It" from the main page and add it to your cart. (only add 1 time)
- Donate: If you would like to donate the items to the Texas LGBTQIA+ community, select the item "Donate Items" from the store and add it to your cart. (only add 1 time)
Why are we doing this?
This year's RubyConf is happening in Texas. That decision was made before a recent wave of legislation was passed against members of the LGBTQIA+ community. For that reason, many folks don't feel comfortable traveling to The Lonestar State. WNB.rb, the Women and Non-Binary Ruby User Group has even set up an alternate event RubyConfMini in Rhode Island where laws are more supportive.
Despite the recent anti-trans legislation, we know some of the trans community will still be showing up at RubyConf. We want to welcome them and show our support. Showcasing one of these pins, bandanas, or stickers is an easy, low-profile (depending on placement!) way to indicate that you are a safe space & they are free to be their authentic selves. All while supporting three fantastic local organizations doing the work in Houston.
Who gets the money?
100% of the proceeds from these items will benefit 3 local LGBTQIA+ non-profit organizations - you tell us which one you’d like to support! 100% means 100%, so one $10 pin = $10 donated directly for maximum impact. Each organization has been researched and vetted to ensure that they contribute and support the LGBTQIA+ community in the RubyConf 2022 host city of Houston.
What are the organizations?
The T.R.U.T.H. Project:
Telling Real Unapologetic Truth Through Healing (T.R.U.T.H.) Project, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization whose mission is to educate and mobilize LGBTQ communities of color and their allies through social arts that promote mental, emotional, and sexual health.
Learn more about the T.R.U.T.H. Project.
The Mahogany Project:
The Mahogany Project (Houston) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization whose mission is to reduce social isolation, stigma, and acts of injustice in TQLGB+ Communities of Color.
Learn more about the Mahogany Project.
The Houston LGBTQ+ Political Caucus:
Founded in 1975, the Houston LGBTQ+ Political Caucus is the oldest LGBTQIA+ civil rights organization in the South. The Houston LGBTQ+ Political Caucus is dedicated to eliminating prejudice, violence, and injustice against gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people through education, activism, and political advocacy. Our goal is to create a world where all human beings are guaranteed freedom, equality, and opportunity.
Learn more about the Houston LGBTQ+ Political Caucus.
Contact Us email@example.com